10 Memorable Reading Quotes for Kids
There are a lot of ways in which you can help your children to read. But sometimes your kids might simply need some inspiration to get them started on their reading journey. That’s why we’ve gathered together some of our favourite reading quotes for kids which you can hopefully use to ignite their interest in reading. They’re in text form below, and if you scroll down then you’ll also find PDF versions of all the quotes that you can print off and stick on the wall at home. That way, your kids can be inspired to read every day.
Our Top 10 Reading Quotes for Kids
1. “Books make great gifts because they have whole worlds inside of them.”
2. “Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.”
3. “Reading for me is spending time with a friend.”
4. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
5. “The whole world opened up to me when I learned to read”
Mary McCleod Bethune
6. “There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
7. “Don’t give up reading. The more you practise, the easier it will get.”
8. “If you are going to get anywhere in life you have to read a lot of books.”
9. “A book is a gift you can open again and again.”
10. “Everyone is a reader, some just haven’t found their favourite book yet.”
Free Printable PDFs
We think that the best way of introducing these quotes to your children is to put them up on the wall at home. It means that you’re not being too pushy with them whilst still introducing the quotes into your child’s universe. From time to time it might even be an idea to encourage your children to read the quotes out loud with you, so that they can understand them better. With that said, we’ve put together a free PDF with all 10 quotes which you can download by clicking the image below. Feel free to print out your favourites!
If your kids are motivated to start reading but you don’t know where to start, why not check out the My First Discoveries series? They are non fiction children’s books that ignite your child’s interest in learning through beautiful illustrations, easy-to-read text and fascinating stories. Your child will be inspired to read and learn in no time.